Monday, February 18, 2013

Life Since Moving

So I don't really update this a whole lot, but I have such an awful memory that I probably should. I moved in October from tiny stifling Southern Utah to larger, overstimulating Ogden. Since moving, a lot has happened and changed very quickly. I now seem to have developed a slight case of agoraphobia (which darling David and lovely Tammy are forcing me to overcome every chance they get,) I've started school, I've got an awesome job, I have fallen in love, and I have gone through terrible loss. I'd like to start with those last two.


This itty bitty darling is Jiji. He was brought to me by Tammy when she came up for orientation at Weber. He was playful and sweet and he loved laps. He did not seem to realize, however, that laps belong to people. Once in a while, people need to move around. He would walk up, claim your lap as his rightful throne and then grump and bitch and complain whenever you got up to eat or shower. He was the sweetest little thing that ever walked the Earth. Little did Dave and I realize, he wouldn't be walking the Earth for long. Our poor Jiji was infected with FIP, a disease that most cats get, but a small percentage can't handle. We didn't realize that, having been a stray, he was at an increased risk of dying from it. We didn't even know he had it until we took him to the vet and they told us the kindest thing we could do would be to put him down. I'll spare you the heart-wrenching details of that visit, partly because it's so depressing, partly because I can't even think of it without crying. Jiji lived with us a month, but losing him felt as heartbreaking as losing someone I'd known my entire life. I still can't help feeling like it's my fault, but Dave and Aunt Nikki, as well as the kind vet who guided us through our tears, told me there wasn't anything we could have done.
Then school happened.
I realized I picked the right major when I tried to tell my professor that his class was the high point of my week and all his responses were as rushed and awkward as mine. He's by far the most interesting professor I've met and I'm enjoying Anthropology 1000. Not so much my English class, but that's to be expected.
I interviewed for and got a fantastic job.

My hair has grown like weeds.
I have found a new favorite store.
A new favorite person to argue with. (This is a lie. Dave and I have been together a year and a half. Not that new.)


And I've discovered an appreciation for tea that I never had before. This face is because of being sick at the time, not the tea. The tea is lovely.
Life is pretty great.


P.S. I also went to a a masquerade with Kayla and Solveig that was SO MUCH FUN! And Tammy couldn't go, haha Tammy.




No comments:

Post a Comment