Monday, September 1, 2014

Cold and Hangover Remedies

          Yesterday, after having three drinks (I know, I'm a wimp, shut up) I woke up and discovered something many people who drink find at one point or another. I found my own personal hangover cure. Finding your own cure is a very personal process that involves a lot of digestive science (that sounds so gross) and a lot of personal preference. The very thought of Dave's cure, for example (sausage + biscuits + gravy + aspirin) churns my stomach when I'm hungover. When looking up cures, I realized that my hangovers are almost identical to the common cold.
           When I have a cold, there are four things I need. I need something cold for my head, some potato-based comfort food, aspirin, and so much water that animated characters swim around my stomach singing about the virtues of staying in their aquatic home instead of chasing after land-bound princes. With this in mind, I put together a soft of ice pack head wrap with a scarf I had. It turned out being more adorable than anticipated.
See?
       I just took an ice pack I had from getting my wisdom teeth out, wrapped it up and tied it on and it was like a small elf made of ice was sitting on my head and soothing my pounding headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment