Tuesday, August 12, 2014

It All Started with a Wish and a Slipper.

      I recently was awarded (by myself) the title of Executive Mouse in the Kanab Community Theater production of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Dave and I went down to help with production for three weeks because my favorite sister-in-law to be got the role of Cinderella! This is one of my favorite musicals and although I was hesitant to go, I'm very glad I decided to.
      The reason I decided to go down was that Stacy (my mother-in-law to be) had a huge thorn in her side in the form of the transformation scene. Somehow, she had to make this
 into this
on stage.
I won't tell you how she, as Back Stage Fairy Godmother did it, but I will tell you that it took more than one try and that my original design was WAY too complicated to work. With a little magic and a lot of sewing, she was able to make this happen


Since she and I were behind the scenes most of the time, I didn't have the chance to take many pictures. Most of the ones I did get were during the times that I was a rule-breaker and I snuck out to the back of the audience to get some pictures on my phone. Almost all of those are gratuitous twirly dress pictures.
 But can you really blame me?
 Ugh, it's so pretty I could just die!
 The final night I managed to get this one of the first look at the ball.
 A poetic dance. (If you've seen the movie, you'll get it)
 The lovely stepsisters in the most blurry photo ever.
Midnight.
The shoe fits!
 Happily Ever After! (Stacy's wedding dress with an added chapel length watteau train)
 And a very glittery magical lady.
    It was a great show to be a little part of and being down in awful, terrible, too-hot-to-be-alive Kanab was a great chance to get in some needed girl time with Kylie and Stacy. They're the best.


         It was also great to see and meet a bunch of Dave's family and meet the lovely and delightful Kali, who is Kylie's platonic soulmate. All in all, it was a pretty great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment